| September 2016
Nineteen were in attendance this month. Before our meeting we had a wonderful
potluck meal with our guests: District 6 Sr Vice Cheryl Moorehead, District 6 Jr Vice
Kris Griffith, Judy Bolton, and Linda.
Key take aways from September’s meeting:
• We only have a few pins (blue tear drop with combat boots) left. They are $2
each and will support the hospital fund. See April Killian for a pin.
• Remember to write to your representatives. Michigan bills contact
www.house.gov/writerep and for Senate www.senate.michigan.gov.
• Remember to pay dues. If you are thinking of becoming a life member now is
the time before life membership increases in January.
• Fall Conference is coming up. There will be a silver dollar table again this year.
All proceeds go to the Scholarship Fund. Please check for some slightly used
or new items that you don’t use. Bring them to the Post no later than
September 25. Dawn and Rose will take them to the conference.
• There are many ways to help our veterans and community.
o Provide food for a homebound veteran or family member
o Provide books or magazines to a nursing home
o Send cards
Summer is ending and school is in full swing. Please take note of these special dates:
• September 25th: Greektown Casino Trip 10 am – 5 pm
o Contact Marji Terry or sign-up at the post by September 22nd
• September 30 thru October 1, 2016: Fall Conference; Boyne Highlands, MI
• October 12th: Auxiliary Meeting
• November 5th: Veterans Day Dinner 6pm
• December 3rd: District 6 Meeting; Ann Arbor Post 423
• December 10th: Santa comes to Erie
Sincerely Darlene Andrzejewski