| June 2016
Thank you to all of my sisters and brothers for all your work this coming year. I am
honored to serve as your President during 2016-2017.
We welcomed in our new sister, Cheryl Anderson.
Congratulations Dawn Shock, District 6 President.
Reports from this year’s chairpersons:
• Kathy Judy, Veterans and Family Support Chair
o We still have time to send Campbell’s Soup labels to assist VFW National
Home for Children earn a minivan for their programs. Labels must reach their office
by July 11. You can mail them to the address below or drop them at the Post by
Friday, July 1, 2016.
VFW National Home for Children
3573 S. Waverly Road
Eaton Rapids, MI 48827
• Mary Joly, Americanism/Patriotic Instructor Chair
o Flags were placed on the grave-sites of 62 deceased Auxiliary members
for Memorial Day.
o Bring flags that are no longer serviceable to the Post. Flag Day and Army
birthday are June 14th.
• Lorissa Elinski, Camp Trotter Chair
o Submit any children or grandchildren who are between the ages of 7 and
12 if you would like them to receive a free week at camp.
• April Killian, Hospital Chair
o This year’s pins (blue tear drop with combat boots) are $2 each and will
support the hospital fund.
• Dawn Shock, Legislative Chair
o Communicate with your congressman or woman about pending legislation
and bills regarding veteran’s issues.
• Sharon Grodi, Membership Chair
o National met 100% membership for the first time since 1993. Let’s keep up
this great work by recruiting and retaining new members.
• Grace Connolly, Scholarship Chair
o Awarded two $100 college scholarships to two Mason Senior High
• Marji Terry, Youth Activities Chair
o Let’s remember Random Acts of Patriotism (R.A.P.). When you see a child
thanking a veteran or witness a youth place their hand on their heart correctly, give
him or her a R.A.P. card and be sure they know how special they are. I will bring
cards next month.
Please take note of these special dates:
• July 10 thru 14, 2016 National Veterans Golden Age Games: For more
information, go to the following website: http://www.va.gov/opa/speceven/gag/
and click on the VOLUNTEER tab under the picture OR contact Bill Browning (313)
576-1000, ext. 63332) or William.Browning@va.gov.
• July 23 thru 27, 2016 National Convention; Charlotte, NC
• August 13, 2016 District 6 Meeting; Mason Post 7309
• August 14, 2016 Michigan Day at National Home; Eaton Rapids, MI
• August 15, 2016: Art & Wine; Erie Post 3925
• September 10, 2016 Service Officer Training; Department Headquarters
• September 30 thru October 1, 2016 Fall Conference; Boyne Highlands, MI
• December 3, District 6 Meeting; Ann Arbor Post 423
• January 27 thru 28, 2017 Mid-Winter Conference; Lansing, MI
• April 29, 2017 District 6 Meeting; Monroe Post 1138
• May 20, 2017 District 6 Picnic; TBD
Sincerely Darlene Andrzejewski