|Ladies Auxiliary Newsletter
Meeting of June 10, 2015
This is the first meeting of the New Year for the Auxiliary. Now is the time to talk
to your friends and relatives who are eligible to join!
I was not at the meeting, my daughter and auxiliary sister Ginger Burggren,
delivered twins on Tuesday June 9th, a boy and a girl. Thankfully Darlene
Andrzejewski, our Senior Vice President was able to conduct the meeting on my
behalf! Thank you so much Darlene!!!
I also thank LuAnne DuVall , our Treasurer for taking notes at the meeting . In fact
her notes are so complete I will be adding them here:
• Welcome new member Candy White, daughter to Post members Paul & Alice
• Congratulations to the following winners:
• Patriotic Quilt Raffle - Mary Morrin
• $100 College Scholarship - Auxiliary member Paige Stark & Christina Gaglio
• $200 VFW Camp Trotter - Jeremiah Cousino Jr., son of Post members
Jeremiah Sr & Katie Cousino
• Citizen Citation - Nathan Sawasky, Christina Gaglio, Cory Yenor & Kasey
• National Citation for Support of Veterans - Cub & Scout Troops 720
• 76 Commemorative coin key chains given to 2015 graduates. The cards
were made and donated by Mary Joly and Kay Lynch. Sponsored by the Post, Ladies
& Mens Auxiliaries and the KofC & Ladies Auxiliary.
Applications for the three $300 Member College Scholarships are available on the
website or Kennedy Rm. Eligibility is member, children, grand & great children. Drop
off box in Kennedy Rm. Drawing is Aug 14th 8pm.
Flags were put on the grave-sites of 60 deceased Auxiliary members for Memorial
Day. We now have 3’x5’ outdoor flags for sale $15. Contact LuAnne DuVall
(419) 346-7959. Old flags can be dropped off in the Kennedy Rm drop box.
Thank you to Kay Lynch and the Buddy Poppy workers who collected $591.
We are now collecting 2016 Annual Member $20 dues. Please mail to LuAnne DuVall,
PO Box 265 Erie, MI 48133. (Note to Life Members: in lieu of cancer dues donations
are being accepted).
Please note that anyone can send a camper to camp Trotter. The fee is $200.00 for
a week of camp. The camper must be between the ages of 7 and 12. You can find
the applications in the Kennedy Room.
We will be meeting at Vibrant Life Nursing Home on Sterns road on June 26th at
3:00pm to celebrate the June birthdays. Jan Locy will be bringing cake and ice
The next meeting will be July 8, 2015, at 7:00pm.
Sincerely, Marji Terry, President 2015-2016