| Decemberr 2016
Thank you to the Walker boys and their grandmother for joining us during our
holiday social prior to our meeting. We all had fun.
What a wonderful meeting this month with 23 in attendance. It was also a
wonderful month for membership. Let’s welcome our 15 new members.
• Melissa Bomia signed up under her father Odell Lonsway
• Andrew Connolly signed up under his brother Tim Connolly
• Dan Connolly signed up under his brother Tim Connolly
• Francis Connolly signed up under his brother Tim Connolly
• John Cousino II signed up under his son John Cousino III
• Daniel Dusseau signed up under his father Raymond Dusseau
• James Dusseau signed up under his father Vincent Dusseau
• Joseph Dusseau signed up under his father Raymond Dusseau
• Mark Dusseau signed up under his father Carl Dusseau
• Michael D Grodi signed up under his grandfather Mike Grodi
• Michael W Grodi signed up under his father Mike Grodi
• Jimmy Hiszak signed up under his grandfather Edward Trapp
• Jennifer Mishka signed up under her father Rolland Dusseau
• Kevin Orth signed up under his brother Bill Orth
• Jim Uhrman signed up under his father Robert Uhrman
Key take aways from December’s meeting:
• April’s District Meeting fundraiser will be a Bakeless Bake Sale held in your
Auxiliary meeting in February. In place of actual baked goods donate the money you
would have spent. All proceeds benefit the Scholarship program. Remember to
count this donation in your quarterly report.
• Michigan Veterans Foundation is having its annual Holiday Party on Friday,
December 23, 2016 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Shield’s Pizzeria of Southfield,
located at 25101 Telegraph Road, Southfield, MI.
• Four packages of holiday cheer were sent to troops overseas. Thank you to
everyone for you continued support. A special thank you to those packing and
transporting to the post the post office.
• Join the many that have a green light on their front porch or garage light. This
shows your personal support to those who serve.
• Patriot’s Pen & Voice of Democracy Winners: Awards will be given out at the
March 25th Recognition Dinner:
PP: 1st place Elise Hoffman $200; 2nd Jose Alamilla $175; 3rd William Bruck $75;
Runner Up Aryana Rosenbrook $10
VOD: 1st place Michael Moss $200; 2nd Zechariah Bruck $175; 3rd Luke Lavanway
$75; Runner Up Mariah Suydam $10
• Teacher of the year award will begin in January.
• Our commander is organizing a flag retirement ceremony. Stay tuned for
• Remember to report to April if you visit or volunteer at the Veterans Hospital.
• Dawn is organizing a visit to the Capitol building in Lansing. Details
forthcoming. We need to continue our correspondence with our representatives as
they continue voting on bills before the new term commences. Michigan bills contact
www.house.gov/writerep and for Senate www.senate.michigan.gov.
• Hats off to everyone who helped recruit new members. Share your elevator
speech when talking to friends and family about joining. We need 12 more new
members by May to receive the National Recognition Award. Recruit! Recruit!
• Santa comes to Erie was enjoyed by many. Santa passed out gifts to more
than 100 good little girls and boys.
• Lucky 100 will begin January 13th. See LuAnne DuVall if you would like a
ticket. Workers are needed. Please take a turn helping with our fundraiser. A signup
sheet is posted on the bulletin board in Kennedy Rm.
• RADA Cutlery fundraiser was a success. With this achievement we will be
taking orders again in February.
• Remember to keep the homebound, homeless and the deployed veterans and
their families in your prayers and thoughts.
Important upcoming events:
• January 27th: Midwinter Conference, Lansing, MI
• January 27th: Muskrat Dinner
• February 13th: Blood Drive
• March 25, 2017 at 1800 – Recognition Dinner (Patriots Pen, Voice of
Democracy, and Teacher of the Year)
• April 29, 2017 – District 6 meeting in Monroe
• May 20, 2017 – District 6 picnic
Sincerely, Darlene Andrzejewski