| May 2017
Many thanks to Diane LaPlante for providing the meal, the many big hugs and for
saying what a great job I did after the meetings. That meant so much to me. This is
a very busy time for us. Much help is needed.
• For Buddy Poppy donations contact Val Brazeau at (734) 848-4784. Monies
raised are used for Veterans and their families.
• The Post Memorial Day service will be 11:30 am, Eddie Sulier grave-site,
St Joe’s Cemetery. Meet at Post by 11am to car pool. Wear your uniform if possible.
Luncheon at the Post follows. Bring a dish to pass. Open to the public.
• The Camp Trotter drawing will be held during the luncheon. This will be the last
chance to turn in camper names.
• Flag Day is June 14th. We have 3’x5’ outdoor nylon flags for $15. Larger sizes
by order. Contact LuAnne.
• It was another very humbling but yet rewarding evening at the VA Hospital.
Thank you everyone that donated time, money or sent good wishes. It is because of
April and all her angels that we were able to donate $3600 worth in items/money.
We will be starting over again with collections or cash donations. Contact April Killian
• Legislative bills regarding Veterans - Michigan: www.senate.michigan.gov.
• Attention ANNUAL members. We will begin collecting 2018 dues June 1st. If
you receive the Newsletter by email, you will receive the notice by email. All others
will be sent by mail. Make $20 check payable to VFW Auxiliary #3925. Mail to LuAnne
DuVall, PO Box 265 Erie, MI 48133. This is a good time to consider converting to a
Life Membership if you can.
• Attention LIFE members. Beginning July1st National will switch to a new
system called “MALTA.” Sometime in the first part of July you will receive a new card
in the mail from Headquarters. You can then discard your old card.
• The Graduation key chains and Citizen Citations will be given out at the Mason
Senior Assembly June 1st 9:00 am.
The winners of the Mason Scholarships will be announced at the High School Honors
Banquet June 1st 6:00 pm.
The Mason Middle School Citizen Citations will be given out at the Student Assembly
June 9th 9:00 am.
• The Post and Auxiliary are sponsoring two $300 college scholarships. Includes
vocational schools (i.e.: technical, skilled trades, health care, etc.). Eligibility includes
Post and Auxiliary members, their spouse, children, grandchildren and great-
grandchildren. Applications are available in the Kennedy Rm and www.erievfw.com.
Turn in the completed form to the Kennedy Rm collection box or mail to the
Post/Aux. The drawing will be held on Friday, August 18th, 8:00 pm. Any late
applications will not be accepted. Two winners will be drawn at random.
• Lucky 100 begins May 12th. Volunteers are needed to sign up for food. Sign-up
sheet is posted in the Kennedy Rm.
• The Auxiliary will be hosting the 5th Annual Golf Outing August 19th at
Tamaron Country Club. 8:00 am Shotgun start. $55 per player includes 18 holes, cart
and a self-grill steak or chicken dinner at the Post following. There’ll be prizes for the
winners, contests and a 50/50 raffle. $12.50 for just the dinner. Please make an
advance reservation so we can get a count.
• Sponsors are needed for the outing. Any person, organization or business can
be a sponsor. The $50 donation is tax deductible and good advertising for them.
Both forms are available in the Kennedy Rm, Jewelling Shop and Marji Terry.
• If you are receiving multiple copies of the National Auxiliary Magazine and only
want 1 per household, contact LuAnne.
• The Charter was draped for:
--Auxiliary sister, Betty Vandercook who went to her heavenly home May 1, 2017
-- Past Auxiliary President (our longest record of 10 yrs), ,Vivien Parran, who went
to her heavanly home on May 3, 2017. She is the mother of members Barb Rahe,
Pat D’Arcangelo and grandmother of Sherry Close.
• The Altar was draped in memorial for all deceased Auxiliary #3925 members.
• Installation was held for 2017-18 officers by Past Auxiliary President Shelia
Did you know? July 2018 will be our Auxiliary’s 70th Anniversary. In 1948 dues were
$3. We currently have 3 Charter Members still with us; Mary Morrin (continuous),
Shirley Cousino and Bille LaPointe. (Maybe they can explain the mystery behind
the not so secret “Kitchen Secret Room.”) Mary Morrin and Grace Connolly are our
oldest members, celebrating 95 yrs young this year. Sisters Morgan (19) & Paige
(21) Stark are our youngest members. July 2019 with be the Post’s 75th
Important upcoming events:
• May 12 thru July 14, 2017: Lucky 100 Drawing Fridays 7:00 pm Kennedy Rm
• May 20, 2017: District 6 picnic; Kensington Park 1:00 pm. Bring a dish and lawn
• May 22, 2017: Department Testimonial, Sterling Heights
• May 29, 2017: Post 3925 Memorial Day Service and potluck, Camp Trotter
• June 1-4, 2017: Department Convention, Flint
• July 22-26, 2017: 118th National Convention, New Orleans LA
• Aug 18, 2017: Post-Aux Scholarship Drawing 8:00 pm Kennedy Rm
• Aug 19, 2017: Aux Golf Outing, 8:00 am Tee Off, Tamaron Country Club, Toledo
• Aug 21, 2017: Blood Drive 1:00 – 6:00 pm
• Oct 16, 2017: Blood Drive 1:00 – 6:00 pm Feb 12, 2018: Blood Drive
1:00 – 6:00 pm
I send my thanks to ALL 156 (current, new & passed) members of this past year.
Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, dedication and many hours of hard work. I
wouldn’t have been or want to be in another organization than 3925! May God Bless
each one of you and keep working for our Veterans.
Darlene Andrzejewski, 2016-17