| April 2017
We had a good showing for election night. The meal was provided by Dawn Shock
and delicious as always. Thanks Dawn!
Officers for 2017-18 are:
President: Dawn Shock Conductress: Diane LaPlante
Sr Vice: Richard Russell Guard: Kathy Judy
Jr Vice: Jan Locy 1st Year Trustee: April Killian
Treasurer: LuAnne DuVall 2nd Year Trustee: Marji Terry
Chaplin: Doralee Rollins 3rd Year Trustee: Darlene Andrzejewski
Secretary: Rose Sancrant
Congratulations to all! Let’s be sure to show our support for those who volunteered.
Installation will be at the May 10th meeting. Shelia Santure is the Installing Officer.
Please consider helping out by being a "CO”-Chairman for one of the committees.
Many of our tasks and projects need an extra helping hand. By co-chairing a project
you're helping by taking some of the burden off the Chairman. It’s OK if you can’t
attend the meetings. Your Chairman can do the reporting for you. Sometimes it’s
just making phone calls or running errands. Contact Dawn and let her know how you
• Buddy Poppy days are May 11-13th, 2017. Please contact Val Brazeau at
(734) 848-4784 if you can donate a couple of hours. If you are not able to
participate please consider making a donation.
• The Camp Trotter drawing will be May 29th at the Post Memorial Day
luncheon. Children between age 7-12 are eligible to enter. We will sponsor one child
to attend camp. If you know of any child (does not have to be a relative of the Post)
that would like the opportunity to go to camp for a week, turn names into Darlene or
• There are several bills on the floor that require our attention to support our
veterans. Michigan bills can be found www.senate.michigan.gov for Senate. Ohio
bills can be found http://www.ohiohouse.gov/.
• Our annual April 13th trip to the VA Hospital was a memorable experience.
Thanks to all for the donations, volunteers and organizing. April says it was the most
relaxing time in 15 years. Thanks April for a wonderful job like always!
• Back by popular demand, Sharon is sending in another RADA order soon. They
are very good quality cutlery and a good fund-raiser for us. Contact Sharon with
your order as soon as possible.
• We are happy to report the May 12th Lucky 100 tickets are sold out! They sure
went fast this time! Volunteers are needed to sign up for food. A sign-up sheet is
posted on the Kennedy Rm bulletin board. The weather is getting nice and the grill
under the pavilion is ready to be fired up. Make it easy and grill dogs or burgers if
you want. You can be reimbursed by turning in a receipt to LuAnne. Even if you don’t
have a ticket for the big drawing there’s still the 50/50 and lots of fun to be had.
• The May 25th Recognition Dinner was as success again this year. Thank you to
all the volunteers and donations. The winners went away happy with their cash
awards for their hard work they put into their assignments.
• It was agreed that we would give the graduates a gift again this year. Frank is
busy making the coin key chains to be handed out at the Mason Senior Assembly.
The Post and Knights of Columbus and its Auxiliary will sponsor with us again this
• The two $100 Mason Scholarship winners will be chosen before the May 10th
meeting. Please meet at 6:00 pm to review the applications and pick the winners.
• Our membership is now at 118%. We’re currently in 1st place in the District.
That’s pretty darn good for being such a small town to draw from. If you have not
paid your 2017 dues yet, they must be received by June 15th to remain a member.
After June 30th you will have to “rejoin” or will no longer be a member. If you do
not wish to continue your membership, please contact LuAnne.
• Spring is here and it’s time to consider replacing “Old Glory” for Memorial Day.
If you would like to purchase a flag, we have 3’x5’ outdoor nylon flags for $15. We
can also order larger sizes. Contact LuAnne.
• The Post is currently looking for someone to do lawn service (mow and trim).
Contact Commander Terry (734) 497-5330.
• Prayers are needed for:
- Betty Vandercook who is currently in Hospice.
- Tom & Rose Sancrant. Tom is making a comeback but they both need our
support for the journey ahead.
Important upcoming events:
• May 10, 2017: Installation of Officers, 7:00 pm Monthly Meeting
• May 11, 12 & 13, 2017: Buddy Poppy Days
• May 12, 2017: Lucky 100 Drawing begins (ends July 14th)
• April 29, 2017: District 6 meeting in Monroe (contact Dawn to carpool)
• May 20, 2017: District 6 picnic; Kensington Park 1:00 pm. Bring a dish and lawn
• May 22, 2017: Department Testimonial, Sterling Heights
• May 29, 2017: Post 3925 Memorial Day Service and potluck, Camp Trotter
• June 1-4: Department Convention, Flint
• July 22-26, 2017: 118th National Convention, New Orleans LA
Sincerely, Darlene Andrzejewski