| February 2017
On this snowy evening we were 16 strong this month. Remember to reach out to
those of our members who are under the weather or need a ride to the meeting.
We welcomed five new members. This makes 27 new members since July 2016.
Wow! Our membership is now 149 strong!
• Darrell Cousino signed up under his brother Lee Cousino
• Scott Grodi signed up under his grandfather Robert Uhrman
• Ed Killian signed up under his grandfather Richard Charboneau
• Gary Wilmoth signed up under his brother Wayne Wilmoth
• Howard LaPlante signed up under his father Lionel LaPlante
Key take-aways from January’s meeting
• Two packages of crocheted items were sent to service members overseas and
one to National Homes. Items were provided by a retired veteran recovering from
• Remember our Veterans during Valentine’s Day at home, retirement centers,
• There are several bills on the floor that require our attention to support our
veterans. . Michigan bills can be found www.senate.michigan.gov for Senate. Ohio
bills can be found http://www.ohiohouse.gov/.
• Our annual trip to the VA Hospital is fast approaching. Items still needed for
our care packages are combs, razors, liquid hand soap, hair & body wash, hand
cream, mouthwash, shaving cream, deodorant, hot/cold mugs (no glass), trial size
conditioners, and patriotic items. Many of these items can be purchased at the Dollar
Tree. Please read the ingredients to ensure they do not have alcohol in them. Items
can be dropped off at the post.
• Our auxiliary membership stands at 108.21%. So far we have received cash
awards from District 6 and National for meeting 100% +1 membership. Way to go
team! Each new member helps strengthen our support to the Post. We only need 3
more new members for the National Achievement Award.
Sharon Grodi has sent out recruiting letters to 20 more eligible Men’s Auxiliary
members. Let’s keep encouraging them to join!
• We are having a lot of fun during Friday night Lucky 100. Bring your favorite
side dish and join in for a relaxing night of good food and great conversation.
• Last month the Post asked us to look at the feasibility of moving our meeting to
the first Thursday of the month. After investigation and discussion our members
voted to continue having the meeting on the second Wednesday each month.
• Need Easter or Mother’s Day gifts? Sharon has RADA Cutlery books as a
fundraiser. Orders must be in by March 8.
• We still need a couple of salads for the Jan 13th Blood Drive.
• The Charter was draped for Auxiliary sisters:
- Continuous Charter Member, Gerry Barron who went to her heavenly home 12-23-
- Eloise Morrin, who went to her heavenly home 1-16-17.
Important upcoming events:
• February 13th 1pm – 6pm: Blood Drive
• February 21st : Capital Tour, meet at the Post at 7:30 am (Contact Dawn
Shock for info)
• March 25, 2017 at 6 pm: Recognition Dinner (Patriots Pen, Voice of
Democracy, and Teacher of the Year)
• April 12, 2017: We will have the Election of Officers, 7:00 pm Monthly Meeting
• April 29, 2017: District 6 meeting in Monroe
• May 10, 2017: We will have the Installation of Officers, 7:00 pm Monthly
• May 20, 2017: District 6 picnic; location TBD
• May 22, 2017: Department in Sterling Heights
• May 29, 2017: Post 3925 Memorial Day Service and Luncheon
• June 1-4: Department Convention
Sincerely Darlene Andrzejewski